Lumsden Saskatchewan
Flour Mills c1910


Lumsden Saskatchewan c1906

Lumsden Saskatchewan
Birds Eye View c1907

Early Photos of Lumsden Saskatchewan

Lumsden is located in the heart of the Qu'Appelle Valley, 19 miles northwest of Regina. The Canadian Pacific Railway selected the town site in 1881. Lumsden was incorporated as a village in 1899. Lumsden was incorporated as a town in 1905. During the period 1900-1910, Lumsden experienced a building boom - many stately brick homes and businesses were built, including Balfour's General Store, a hotel, and the United Church. Lumsden was a thriving farm service centre for what had been described as one of the best farming districts in Saskatchewan.