Warman got its start as a community in 1905, when Canadian Northern Railway completed track-laying between Kamsack and Edmonton. The small but rapidly growing centre of Saskatoon was bypassed for technical and strategic reasons, as Canadian Northern decided to run their main line eight miles to the north. Because the Qu’Appelle, Long Lake and Saskatchewan Railway’s route, which was purchased later in 1906 by Canadian Northern, was already established between Regina and Prince Albert, it was necessary to establish a diamond where the two routes crossed.
Warman was incorporated as a town in 1906. Warman is situated in the hard wheat belt between the two branches of the Saskatchewan River, about four miles west of the South Branch and fifteen miles north-northwest of Saskatoon. The luxuriant growth of grass and the suitability of the soil saw the district become one of mixed farming, especially wheat and stockraising. The settlers were a mixture of Canadians, Americans and Manitoba Mennonites.
Warman had three hotels, a variety of stores and shops, and a variety of services. There was only one elevator in Warman at the time. Water was obtained from the private and town wells and there was plenty of it to meet demands.
Their great railway facilities with their comparative low rates, the excellent market for the mixed farming products, their up-to-date four roomed school house, the churches that were being erected, the good roads leading to and from the town, and the good prairie soil all presented special advantages to the settlers.
Warman is situated at the junction of the Main Line of the Canadian Northern Railway and the Prince Albert branch. It was a natural hub of the country lying between the two branches of the Saskatchewan River. Other roads were being surveyed to run into town. A new railway station and round house had been erected.
In 1910, a fire destroyed much of the town, including most of Main St. (which contained much of Warman's businesses) and the pool house, reducing Warman's population.